TeamSickness

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"Dinoshark" Wtitten Review

Film: Dinoshark
Starring: Eric Balfour, Iva Hasperger

Every now and again I find myself watching shitty films, this sounds tragic, I know. What is more tragic is when I find myself rather enjoying them. Some of them are good time wasters. This is one of them. IMDB.com gives this film 3.2...a little harsh, but, I can't argue with that, I can stomach these films much more than most people.

The Plot - The plot to the film is fairly simple, after a glacier begins breaking apart it unveils a fossilized shark from prehistoric times. Obviously the shark awakens and makes it way towards a sunny seaside destination somewhere in Puerto Rico. It's up to our hero Trace (Balfour) to save the day after his friend (with benefits) is killed off.

Let me start by saying wherever this film was shot; looks amazing. Some of the nicest looking beaches and tropical settings I have seen in a SyFy channel original movie. Also, the CGI isn't too bad either, although the dinoshark looks very wooden underwater, it suffers from Jaws 3D syndrome. Speaking of Jaws some of the opening music to this film was hysterically similar to that of Jaws. Also, Roger Corman plays a Dr. in the film. He does a pretty good job too. So yes, the film has good points, but also some very bad points too. Namely the acting, some of it was dreadful, there isn't nearly enough death scenes and some scenes don't fit in with the plot too well. The biggest downfall however, was the ending. VERY ABRUPT.

I'd love to give this film a 5, but due to the ending I can't bring myself to do it. It could have done with five minutes longer to wrap it up. So I'm giving it:

4.5/10, a worthwhile watch, for me anyway, but I couldn't recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment