TeamSickness

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

31 Days of Horror: Metallica: Through The Never (2013) DAY FIFTEEN

Ok, so I know what you're thinking. This isn't a Horror film, well, not really. I will say however this concert film does have a story going on in the background of the concert, which does have some pretty horrific moments, and for that; I'm saying it counts!

I saw this film tonight in a local cinema and managed to get myself out of University early so I could catch a train and see this, I wouldn't usually do this, but sadly the film was only being shown once in my local theaters and all the showings were at the same time on the same night. Disgraceful! But somehow I managed to rush my way the cinema and actually see it!

Our story follows a young stagehand named Trip who is sent on a mission to find one of the crews trucks which has run out of fuel, and broken down in an underpass. Upon this truck is a duffel bag which the band requires, we never see what's in this bag...While Trip tries to locate the truck he is caught up in a full-blown riot, that is going on outside the gig. It's insane, I know.

Of course what we all want to really see is the bands performance, which I can happily tell you is nothing short of phenomenal. Just a complete assault on the senses and the 3D works amazingly well, it really feels like you are at the gig! I'm confident in saying this is by far the best looking/sounding gig since Seattle 1989 in my eyes. Yes, it's really that good!

5/5, if you're a Metallica fan you owe it to yourself to see this, and for me; a day one purchase on Blu-ray 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment