TeamSickness

Friday, October 4, 2013

31 Days of Horror: Hellbound: Hellraiser II (1988) DAY FOUR

Let me start by saying; I haven't seen Hellbound: Hellraiser II for many years, in fact I think I've only seen this film once or twice the whole way through. When I was younger I definitely liked this film but it never was my favourite. That opionion has slightly changed in that regard.

I had a lot of fun revisiting this one, many of the scenes I had forgotten; especially a lot of the Channard back story. The story takes place straight after the first; with Kirsty now in a psychiatric hospital she is still having visions of her past. The doctor in charge uses the bloody mattress from the first film to resurrect Julia and also uses a teenage patient to help him open the puzzle box for himself. The gore isn't as prominent in this film (bar one scene) but, we do get an interesting view into the characters own private hells. The Cenobites, again, are in the background but do get more screen time, which is a plus. Overall the film feels a lot more expansive than the first, but it leaves little to the imagination.

4/5, a solid follow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment