TeamSickness

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

31 Days of Horror: The Skeleton Key (2005) DAY TWENTY TWO

Tonight I had planned to sit down and watch "1408" a film I know I like, but instead I watched The Skeleton Key purely because it was just about to start on one of the movie channels. I also had not seen the film and had a passing interest in it.

Our story follows Kate Hudson's character, a nurse, who looks after the elderly. After she finds an add in the local newspaper offering $1000 a week to look after a man who has had a stroke, she considers it easy money. However, the man's wife is still living with him and insists she do the laundry/gardening and Kate Hudson stick to looking after her husband. Things start going wrong when Kate Hudson's character discovers a room at the back of the attic, filled with strange heirlooms. She also finds out that the wife has decided to keep all the mirrors in the attic. Kate Hudson (yes, I have no interest in finding out what her character is called) soon finds out that the wife and husband are being haunted by an evil voodoo curse. But not all is what it seems...

This film is a perfect example of why I want to start cleansing my DVD/Bluray collection. If I had bought this on DVD I may have been quite disappointed, but alas; I watched it for free, on TV. It was very mediocre and only just had my attention, Kate Hudson is the highlight here. Again, it really made me re-evaluate my current collection, there are certainly many title's I DO NOT NEED.

2/5, Kate Hudson is hot though.

No comments:

Post a Comment