TeamSickness

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

31 Days of Horror: Halloween II (1981) DAY EIGHT

I've been meaning to sit down and watch this film forever. I've actually owned a copy on DVD for quite some years now and never bothered to crack it out of it's cellophane wrapper. Today was that day!

Our story takes place immediately after the first, which in my opinion is an awesome way to carry on a story. We follow our protagonist; Laurie Strode, who is now recovering from her ordeal in a nearby hospital, but of course Michael Myers isn't dead, he has disappeared into the night, ready to kill again.

This film was incredible, to me anyway. It gave me exactly what I wanted from a sequel to the CLASSIC original and more. Some brilliant death scenes and one which caught me off guard completely, very brave from the film studio bearing in mind this is 1981 (all I'll say is; poor guy). All in all, a great time and I enjoyed every minute.

5/5, great stuff, I'll be re-watching this one in no time at all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment