TeamSickness

Monday, October 7, 2013

31 Days of Horror: Dracula (1931) DAY SEVEN

In the last few years I seem to keep revisiting this classic Horror film, and tonight I have done the same. Part of me wanted to watch this closer to the actual night itself, but it found it's way onto my screen tonight, I blame my Dad.

In this timeless tale Count Dracula and his crazy sidekick Renfield arrive in England for some fresh blood to satisfy their taste buds but are stopped in there tracks by none other than Van Helsing who must drive a stake through Dracula's heart before our damsel in distress is turned into a vampire.

The film has some amazing sets and cinematography which truly show off it's impressive scale, it is well ahead of it's time in that regard. Also, an amazing performance by Bela Lugosi as the Count, however, much of the film feels dated by today's standards, a great story none-the-less.

3/5, classic storytelling and Bela Lugosi is a badass!

No comments:

Post a Comment