TeamSickness

Sunday, October 6, 2013

31 Days of Horror: Devil (2010) DAY SIX

Only six days in; and today I was struggling with what to watch, so I decided to re-watch Devil. A film I last saw about a year ago and remembered liking. Thankfully, it was just as good if not better than I remembered.

The story is fairly simple, 5 strangers all arrive at an office complex and get in a lift, but there is no coincidence why they all got into the lift together, it's part of a bigger plan. I won't spoil anything but the ending is fantastic. I think the reason I like this film is because of how unsettling the atmosphere feels, it's very reminiscent of, perhaps, a Final Destination film, there is always a sense of impending doom. There's some great cinematography and it leaves you guessing the whole way through.

I found myself enjoying it a lot more this time round, and would actually rank it as one of the better and more memorable Horror films of recent years. A great story told excellently.

4/5, see this film. A mix of Final Destination and Drag me to Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment