TeamSickness

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Film Editorial: You Will Know Her Name, Anticipation For Carrie(2013)

There are a lot of films in 2013 coming out that I really want to see. Including:
-The Family
-Prisoners
-Don Jon
-Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2
-Runner, Runner
-Machete Kills
-Escape Plan
-Jackass Presents Bad Grandpa
-Last Vegas
-The Wolf Of Wall Street
-The Hunger Games Catching Fire
-Anchorman 2 The Legend Continues
-The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty.

Now Some of those films I will not get a chance to see, but I will see most of them. But the one film that sticks out the most to me is Carrie. This is intresting because Carrie is not a story that's overly fascinating to me. The original novel by Stephen King is decent but not great. In all honesty, I didn't care for the original 1976 version. That film, to me, had some lackluster performnaces, slow pacing and an unitersting main character. I didn't hate it but I just couldn't get into it.

The Rage Carrie 2, however, is awful. I think we can all agree on that.

In 2002, there was a TV remake of the film attempting to create a TV Series for the character. The finished result, is not very good. This was a lackluster remake of an OK movie.

So what is it that makes the new 2013 version stick out to me? Well I have a list of reasons.

1. Chloe Grace Moretz.
Here we have a very talented young actress. That's not to say Sissy Spacek from the original is untalented, Just looked too old for the part. Judging from the trailer, Chloe has the ability to pull off a scared and secluded girl who just snaps. There have been complaints that she's too attractive for the role. I think not. They transformerd her very well into a religious tomboy. She looks and acts the part.

Plus, I have a crush on her. Deal with it.

2. Julianne Moore.
Moore is an Oscar caliber actress. She has the ability to pull off the role of Margaret White, Carrie's mother and religious fanatic. This woman unorthadoxly abuses her daughter(in the film, not in real life) and nobody realizes this at Carrie's school, until they push her over the edge.

3. Kimberly Pirece.
The director of the film also directed 1999's Boys Don't Cry, one of my favorite films from that decade. Enough Said.

4. Music.
A few days back, I was browsing around on the website and watched the trailer for the film again and focused on the music. That music, set to certain images from the film, sent chills down my spine. It's haunting and spooky.

5. Remake.
As I stated earlier, this is a remake off a 1976 film, and not a dark version of Matilda(yes, I have heard people claim that). They have a chance to start fresh and give the character of Carrie White, a powerful and impactful presence.

This film should prove itself, but we have to wait until October 18th. Until then, Remeber her name.

No comments:

Post a Comment